The RTA, the Village of Bannockburn, GlenStar Properties and Lyft are teaming up to launch a new weekday ridehail pilot that connects commuters from nearby Metra stations to GlenStar’s Bannockburn Lakes office complex, which is located on Waukegan Road south of Half Day Road. The Village of Bannockburn is providing assistance and guidance to establish the pilot and outreach to the business community.
Bannockburn Lakes tenants will be provided with a monthly Lyft pass that allows access to free rides between the office complex and one of the following four Metra stations on weekdays between 4:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.:
- Highland Park (UP-North)
- Highwood (UP-North)
- Deerfield (Milwaukee District North)
- Lake Forest (Milwaukee District North)
Lyft is also providing commuters with real-time information on Metra transit services through its new Nearby Transit feature. The feature gives riders the ability to see routes and schedules directly in the app, making the connection even easier for commuters between Bannockburn Lakes, Metra stops and their final destinations.
This partnership is an innovative way to leverage Metra’s service and make it more convenient for riders to take transit to and from work. This pilot, along with others we are considering throughout the region, have the potential to provide a new solution to the age-old last mile problem and connect riders to their jobs.
The pilot program is scheduled to run for up to two years. It is subject to review after one year. GlenStar will fund 75 percent of the pilot’s costs while the RTA will fund the remaining 25 percent.