Here’s where transit riders can get free ‘Coffee from Cubic’
During rush hour this morning, the RTA, CTA, Metra and Pace, along with Cubic Transportation Systems – the developer of the Ventra™ fare payment system – are celebrating Dump the Pump Day 2017. As a thank you to those who dump the pump, we are offering a free cup of coffee to riders who show a Ventra Card, the Ventra mobile app or Metra ticket, while supplies last.
You can find the Cubic-sponsored coffee trucks at:
- The northeast corner of Wacker & Madison near Ogilvie Transportation Center and Chicago Union Station
- The CTA Roosevelt Station
- The Northwest Transportation Center in Schaumburg
Share your commute (and coffee) with us using #DumpThePump or #DumpThePumpChi.
Free coffee isn’t the only reason to dump the pump. Check out these benefits of public transit:
- Saves riders money – On average, a two-person household in the RTA region can save more than $11,000 annually by downsizing to one car.
- Fosters economic growth – Every $1 invested in public transportation generates approximately $4 in economic returns.
- Reduces carbon footprint – Public transportation use in the United States reduces the nation’s carbon emissions by 37 million metric tons annually.
- Decreases gasoline consumption – Public transportation use in the United States saves 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually.
- Enhances personal opportunity – Access to public transportation gives people options to commute to work, school and more.
To learn more about the benefits of transit, visit rtachicago.org.